Thomas Aquinas College recently acquired a new campus in Northfield, MA, where Harrison Design was invited to renovate the existing chapel, rechristened Our Mother of Perpetual Help Chapel. Formerly Sage Chapel, the original building was constructed in 1909 and is a beautiful Carpenter Gothic church with a stone exterior. Our renovation has been sensitive to the stylistic cues from the existing building as we updated the building for the College’s needs. One of the most important tasks was the articulation of the sanctuary, and the introduction of elements both necessary and ennobling of the Roman Catholic Liturgy. In particular, the firm has developed a highly ornate reredos on the apsidal wall, including a hood, statues and scenes of the saints with Christ.
Photographer: Robert Benson Photography
Interior Design : John Canning & Co.
Millwork: Mountain View Millworks & Roux Designs, LLC