Harrison Design completed a major renovation of this Mission Revival church in Long Beach, which had been severely remodeled in the 70s and 80s. Because there is no documentation of the original 1920’s interior, the new sanctuary was redesigned to complement the existing style of the exterior. Attention to architectural details and the use of appropriate materials reflect the local Spanish Colonial heritage. Devotional statues and paintings were integrated in niches throughout, including an exquisite Our Lady of Guadalupe, painted by a member of the parish. This 4,000-sq.ft. church embodies the Hispanic heritage of its community and parishioners; its modesty and authenticity contribute to its understated and elegant beauty.